Thursday, July 5, 2007

I can't wait to put on clean clothes

My laundry is in the washer as I write, I can't tell you how excited I am to finally put on a clean shirt. We've all concluded that the Eurofunk has pervaded our bodies. Some clean clothes will hopefully get rid of it for awhile.

Since I've last wrote, we traveled back to Dublin from Cork and checked out the Guinness factory. Our Europe tourbooks described it as "uninspired" and "all style and no substance...if you want a pint, check out a pub." Those authors should stick those sentences right up their snooty noses. While I've never been on a brewery tour in the US before, I imagine that such tours are lacking compared to the Guinness one. It was definitely worth the E9.50 for two hours of entertainment and the free pint at the end. Plus you even get to drink said pint on the 7th floor of the old brewery which has been converted into a sky lounge with unobstructed views of the city. I would probably pay that just for the pint and the view. O to be a stuffy travel book author.

More after I throw everything in the dryer...

No comments: